Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just riding the waves...




If there ever comes a day that I feel so complete, so satisfied, to not know what is next for me, it is that day that I will surrender to the tides.

So far, I have watched people criticize, people "warn", people dream and do nothing, people fail, people fall. There is a constant gravity of doubt and "other paths" that will eat away at you if you let it. Let them gossip about their hardships, complain about the competition; let them spread doubt and the common intimidation - they're all making it easier for me to ride the waves.

I've come so far so quickly. I have so much to be thankful for and so many people supporting me, but most importantly is that I have so much left to do. I see "celebrities" on MTV - you know, the ones who are known for making it on that one season of The Real World and are known for their current Myspace. The problem with these people is their inability to anticipate the future - they care only about the cheap thrills and immediate benefits of so-called fame. I'd give an example, but I don't know their names.

So I say again, if there ever comes a day that I feel so complete, so satisfied, to not know what is next for me, it is that day that I will surrender to the tides. But as for right now, I have a busy day tomorrow. A flame to pour gasoline on, a dream to live: baby steps in what I will soon become.

No comments: