Monday, December 15, 2008

On to better things...

So lately I've lived off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, occasionally "dining out" with the help of the dollar menu. I've had little to no money in my pocket, my clothes are limited as it's getting colder and colder, food had disappeared, and just in general I was beginning to resemble the American economy personified.

But then last week I got a job at a spiffy fine dining regional Italian restaurant. I'm working like 50 hours a week, plus any shifts I pick up for other people. I get free food and wine.

The staff is super nice and around my age. The restaurant is a well-known, fine dining establishment with a dining room for about 60 people upstairs, a full service bar, and a basement wine cellar and party room that can hold an additional 15-20 person dinner party. According to NYMag, the price range is a '$$$' [expensive] on a $ to $$$$ scale. So tips can be very nice. The management is new, professional, but very easy going.

I'm building a resume, meeting new people, making money, becoming more grounded, learning Italian, learning Italian wines, learning Italian cuisine, being fed for free, AND I got a $300 check in the mail yesterday for being a SAG background character.



That's all! :)
Oh. And I love the Scissor Sisters, U2, and Phil Collins right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Joshua. "God has great things in store for you". We love you and miss you.

Tim and Deborah

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Joshua. "God has great things in store for you". We love you and miss you.

Tim and Deborah

deaf publishing ink. said...

niiiiiiiiiice!! good for you buddy. im glad for you. makin it out there in NYC.

I'll see you soon!